Proverse is a small boutique publisher that considers a large number of works for publication each year. We accept both physical and electronic manuscripts.
No unsolicited manuscripts please! We regret that we cannot return unsolicited or solicited manuscripts received. Please keep a copy of any work that you mail to us.
Although we do not accept unsolicited manuscripts, we are happy to consider initial enquiries from authors. You can send your initial enquiry by mail or email.
BEFORE YOU WRITE TO US
- Please read our website and browse our books to decide whether we would be a good match for your work.
- If possible, you may like to consider attending a Proverse event to familiarise yourself with our authors and books.
- You may also like to consider entering our Proverse Prize or Proverse Poetry Prize, both of which provide pathways to publication (though this is by no means necessary).
Please describe, briefly, why you are approaching Proverse and what the nature of your proposed book is (novel/ novella/ poetry collection/ memoir, etc.) What is the Word-Count? Tell us a little about your aspirations and influences as a writer. If your book is non-fiction, briefly summarise the expertise or experiences that compelled you to write it. Let us know your target readership. Has any of it been published before in any format? (Please give details if the answer is yes.) Tell us a little about your previous writing experience.
If your initial enquiry is accepted we will ask you to…
- Include your first chapter, your outline of the whole book and a chapter midway through the book (if you have already got that far).
- If mailing your submission please send your sample chapters typed, double-spaced and on one side of A4-size paper.
After we consider your initial enquiry and sample, we may ask you to complete our Book Proposal Form, which you can download here.
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETE WORK
If your proposal excites and interests us and we believe you’re a potentially suitable match, we will ask you to submit your complete manuscript for our consideration.
WHAT KIND OF BOOKS ARE WE INTERESTED IN?
Proverse considers original works written or translated into English, including (but not limited to) works with a Hong Kong and/or Asian flavour and works appealing to a broad international, regional, national, or niche local audience, in the following genres:
- biography, memoirs, autobiography, diaries, journals
- local history, heritage
- history of education
- social history
- legal history
- religion, spirituality
- art by single artists
- story collections by a single author
- single author collections of poetry (each poem typically 10-50 lines long)
- long poems (epic, long narratives)
- YA/ CHILDREN’S NOVELS
- simple novels
- short novels
- ACADEMIC WORKS
- social history literary
- history literary
Please email your initial enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for submitting to Proverse. We look forward to reading about you and your work!
A Boutique Publisher in the Heart of Hong Kong